Saturday, June 1, 2013

Hilton Head Vaction

What a wonderful time we had on this year's family vacation!  I have to admit, I was a bit nervous about the trip there.  The boys both fly enough to be good passengers, but we were taking two flights, both in smaller planes, and had a layover.  With an almost 3 year old and a 4 year old, I was worried that we were headed for disaster.  They did great!   Now they brag about flying on a "propeller plane" and always ask people if they have to take one plane or two planes to get somewhere.  The boys are really growing up!
We all had a nice relaxing vacation.  Andy made it to the golf course a couple of times and I actually had time to sit down and read a book!  
We all spent a lot of time on the beach...
Zach taking his evening walk
 Zach and Grandpa Pat looking for shells
 Jake digging for...well, I think he is just digging because he can!
 They found something good!
 The resort had two great pool areas.  The boys were ready to put their swimming suits on as soon as they woke up!



 Zach wasn't feeling too good towards the end of the week (later found out it was pnemonia!), so while the others went golfing, Jake Zach, Grandma Cindy, Andy and I went to a wonderful little Children's Museum.
They had an art studio stocked with supplies.
 Jake still loves painting and drawing and was excited to show off his creation
 They had a boat to play on, a construction site, and even a real cockpit with pilot dress up clothes!
 And upstairs they had a train table.  Almost exactly like we had at home, but the table was still one of the boy's favorite spots.  
 Andy took some great pictures of us before we all headed back home.
The entire gang!
 Jake, Uncle Rob, Zach
 Uncle Matt, Aunt Kate, Jake and Zach
 Zach
 Grandma Cindy, Zach, Grandpa Pat, Jake
 Our Family
Thank you for another wonderful vacation Grandpa Pat and Grandma Cindy.
We can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment