What a day! We had to meet at 2:45 AM to catch the bus for our big adventure.
We rode a van up the mountain and then waited on the top to see the beautiful sunrise. It was cold. Oh yeah, it was beautiful too. But it was really, really cold.
Talking Andy into taking a break from snapping pictures to warm me up.
Mom and I huddled together as sun came up
Sun! Shine your warmth on us!
After the sun came up, it was time for the real fun!
Yep, we were going to do some serious biking down the mountain. Mom, Dad, and Jay decided to take the van down after we heard all of the stories of people who have died doing this. Andy, Val, Jim and I decided to go for it.
Val and I are ready to go!
We started with four girls in the group. One girl only made it about 10 minutes before the instructors asked her to go back in the van. Valerie and the other girl were done at break, so I was the only girl who made it all the way! It was a great time!
So I loved the bike ride down the mountain, but could do without the cold sunrise next time. Andy captured these pictures below from the deck (of House #2) during the sunset. Also very beautiful. I prefer to be awake for sunset...














No comments:
Post a Comment