Today was the big day. When Zach woke up, he put all of his pacifiers in the pretty silver box he picked out the day before. Here he is arriving at school with his box.
Jake is excited too
One of the infant teachers was in on the plan, so the babies were expecting us.
Zach walked in, showed the babies all of the wonderful pacifiers and left them. Zach "made the babies happy!"
And that was the end of the pacifiers for Zach.
The first night he was just very sad. But he never asked for his "baba." He just cried a bit when going to sleep. The next few nights it took him a little longer to fall asleep, but again he never asked for it. About night four, Zach was upset about something and said "I want my Baba!" I reminded him that he gave them to the babies because he was a big boy now. He thought about it and yelled "I want my dog!" and that was that.
If only we could give the babies Jake's thumb...
If only we could give the babies Jake's thumb...




No comments:
Post a Comment