We are spending the night at Andy's parent's house in preparation for Kate and Matt's wedding reception tomorrow. The boys are pretty good about sleeping in new places, but Zach is tired and takes a little more time to get used to things.
I rock Zach and finally put him down for bed. Jake and I go into the adjoining room to read some books before he goes to bed. I realize that I forgot the books downstairs, so I tell Jake to be quiet and I'll be right back. As I am getting the books, I hear Zach start to scream. Thinking Jake went in there and woke him up, I run back up the stairs. When I get in the room, I see Jake standing by Zach's Pack'n'Play, rubbing Zach's hand and saying "It is okay Zach. It is not scary here. It is okay."
Of course Zach is just looking at Jake like he is crazy and screaming his head off, but it was still a sweet (and rare) moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment